- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
This recipe featuring fresh pears and apples can be baked in a large dish or individual ramekins.
- 1-1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon slivered toasted almonds
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and strained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Slice butter into 1-inch cubes and add to flour. Blend by hand or with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in almonds.
- Combine apples, pears, and raisins in a separate large bowl; add remaining sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Coat a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray. Spread fruit in dish and cover with crumble mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.