- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Toasted pecans and crisp white pears make the perfect fit. Their blend of flavors combine exceptionally well with the tang of rich blue cheese.
- 1/2cup shelled pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 crisp pears
- 6 oz baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 escarole or Boston lettuce
- 1 radicchio
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces coarsely crumbled sharp blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- crusty bread, to serve
- In a small sauté pan, lightly toast the pecan nuts to bring out their flavor.
- Wash and core the pears, leaving the skin intact. Cut the pears into even slices.
- Wash the salad greens and dry in a salad spinner. Place in a large salad bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly.
- Add the pears with the toasted pecans, sprinkle on the crumbled blue cheese and drizzle with the olive oil. Serve with warm, crusty bread.