- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8
Peanut Noodles are full of vegetables and a light, creamy peanut sauce.
- Peanut Sauce: 3 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Noodles: 1 pound thin Chinese egg noodles or spaghettini
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 pound snowpeas, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, thinly sliced crosswise
- Make Sauce: In food processor, combine green onions, garlic and pepper flakes. Process until minced. Add remaining sauce ingredients; puree.
- Cook noodles as package label directs; drain. Rinse with cold water until cooled. Place in large bowl; add sauce. Toss to coat.
- In a skillet, bring 1/3 cup broth to boiling. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, until almost tender. Add carrots and snowpeas; cook 2 minutes until crisp tender. Remove from heat; add the pepper and lemon juice. Toss. Cool 5 minutes. Add mushroom mixture and cucumber to noodle mixture; toss. Serve immediately.