- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 1-3/4 cup
This sauce is a staple condiment in Southeastern Asia, served with grilled meats, satays and spring rolls.
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan and add the garlic, ginger and red pepper. Sauté for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant and golden in color.
- While mixing the mixture with a whisk, add in the water, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, sugar and roasted peanuts and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in the mint. Stir and serve.