- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups sifted enriched flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream together the shortening and peanut butter, gradually mix in the sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and again beat well.
- Alternately stir in the bananas and the flour mix. Mix well but do not over beat.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.