- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 People
Serve these tasty bars as an afternoon snack or share with family and friends during the holidays.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and pecans.
- Press mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture over cereal.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.