- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 24 People
These easy-to-make chewy bars taste delicious and are ideal for serving at large functions.
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Cream peanut butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, water and vanilla; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.