- Prep: 1 hr 35 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 2 hr 25 min
- Serving: 1, 9-inch pan
Hands down, this dessert is a top ten kid’s favorite, and who can blame them when you mix a buttery cookie crumble with creamy peanut butter and jelly!
- Cooking spray or melted butter to grease
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy, smooth natural peanut butter (made with only peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup blackberry jam
- Grease the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter for about 3 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and salt and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the vanilla and flour and continue to beat until the ingredients are well blended.
- Place the dough on a clean countertop and take about a handful of dough and shape into a ball. Put the ball of dough into a bowl and place in the freezer for about an hour, until frozen hard.
- With the remaining dough, evenly cover the bottom of the greased pan. Spread the jam on top of the dough, leaving a 1/3-inch border from the edges. Place pan in the refrigerator and remove when ball of dough is frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate the frozen ball of dough over the pan, using the large holes on the grater.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and completely cool before cutting into bars.