- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
Peanut Brittle Cookies are nice change from peanut butter cookies because they have a surprising added crunch.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely crushed peanut brittle
- Cream together butter and shortening. Add sugar and cream again.
- Beat in egg. Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Stir in the peanut brittle and mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove and put on rack to cool completely.