- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6
Voluptuous peaches picked at the height of the season are achingly good eaten fresh or baked warm and juicy.
- 2 pounds ripe peaches (5 or 6 large), halved, pitted
- (or 2 pounds of your favorite fruit)
- Juice of a small lemon (about 1 Â½ tablespoons)
- Juice of a lime (about 1 Â½ tablespoons)
- Â½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch or two of sugar
- Â½ cup pine nuts or pignoli, toasted*
- Â¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut fresh peach halves into thick slices and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with citrus juice, cinnamon and sugar.
- Divide evenly into dessert bowls.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve.
- Baked: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss peach halves with citrus juice, cinnamon, and sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve in dessert bowls and drizzle with sauce.