- Prep: 8 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 hr 15 min
- Serving: serves 12
A creamy, fruity, jello salad.
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups canned or fresh sliced peached, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Stir together the gelatin and boiling water until dissolved.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices. Add water to juice to make 1 cup. Mix in 3/4 cup of the juice to the gelatin. Refrigerate until the gelatin has reached the consistency of unbeaten egg whit.
- Lightly oil an 8x12 inch pan. Lay the peach slices in the bottom, cover with gelatin. Refrigerate until almost firm.
- Mix together egg, sugar, flour, butter and remaining 1/4 cup juice in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until thickened. Cool.
- Mix pineapple, whipped cream, marshmallows and cheese. Add into egg mixture. Cover set gelatin with fruit mixture. Refrigerate overnight.