- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
Using the old-fashioned goodness of tapioca, this dessert is reminiscent of childhood treats.
- 2 cups whole, skim, or soy milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 peaches, diced 2 nectarines, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- About 1 cup toasted walnuts for garnish
- Combine the milk, sugar, tapioca and egg in a saucepan and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pudding according to package directions
- Meanwhile, put the peaches, nectarines, and cranberries into a heatproof bowl.
- When the pudding has thickened, pour the hot mixture over the fruit.
- Chill until firm. Before serving, garnish with the walnuts.