- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
A tasty applesauce recipe that makes a great dessert.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mango chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peach slices
- 1 lb apple, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all ingredients except for almond extract in a slow-cooker set on LOW and simmer for 4-5 hours or until fruit is very soft.
- Remove cover and if necessary, mash any chunks of fruit with potato masher. Stir in almond extract and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve applesauce warm or cold. Freezes well.