- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Light, delicate and elegant in presentation; this soup is a great starter for an upscale dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow or white onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 18 ounces frozen petit pois peas
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Leaves of half a small bunch of mint
- Leaves of a small bunch of basil
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- crème fraiche to garnish
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and sauté for about 7 minutes, being careful not to brown.
- Pour in the peas along with the water, half the mint and basil, the sugar, and the sea salt. Stir the mixture to combine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Using a stick mixer, puree the soup until smooth and creamy and then stir in the remaining herbs. Serve immediately topped with a dollop of crème fraiche.