- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 1 sandwich
Although a good old-fashioned PB&J is always a classic, you can make it updated and sophisticated with new ingredients and innovative recipes.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly (any flavor)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with milk and vanilla and set aside.
- Spread peanut butter and jelly on bread, making a sandwich.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip sandwich in egg mix, coating both sides. Place sandwich in skillet and cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.