- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4
Pav Bhaji is a famous Indian recipe which is spicy as well as buttery. Pav mean buns and Bhaji mean vegetable.
- 500 g potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas and cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 tsp chopped onions
- 4 green chilies, slit and chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely sliced
- 250 g chopped tomato
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 pav or buns, halved
- Heat 1/2 cup butter in a pan.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onions in it and stir fry until light brown.
- Add green chilies, ginger and tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add red chili powder, mixed vegetables and potatoes. Stir fry in low heat for 5 minutes. While stirring, mash these contents.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt and 2-1/2 tbsp butter. Stir well on medium heat.
- Add coriander leaves, lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and garnish with 3 tsp chopped onions. Bhaji is ready.
- Apply the remaining butter on the bun-halves.
- Pre-heat the frying pan and fry buns in it until golden brown both the sides.
- Serve with bhaji.