- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This warm cocktail, make with espresso, hot chocolate, cream and coffee-flavored liqueur, is a spiked version of the popular Italian chocolate and coffee drink.
- 1-1/2 ounces Patrón XO Café liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces freshly made espresso
- 1-1/2 ounces freshly made hot chocolate
- 1-1/2 ounces heavy cream
- Chill a cocktail shaker by placing into the freezer for 15 minutes and heat a large glass by filling with boiling water and setting aside.
- Place the cream into the chilled cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 25 seconds.
- Pour the water out of the glass and dry.
- Add the liqueur to the hot chocolate and stir to blend.
- Add a shot of espresso to the glass and then slowly add the hot chocolate mixture, tilting the glass slightly as you pour.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top and serve immediately.