- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Rich, hearty and delicious, this Italian-inspired pasta dish with veal can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Accompany with a garden salad and a bottle of Zinfandel or a Shiraz.
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil into a sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the veal, salt and pepper and cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until the meat has browned on all sides.
- Pour in the wine and cook the mixture until all of the liquid has evaporated, and then add the diced tomatoes and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Stir to combine and then toss with the pasta. Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.