- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Hot pasta is tossed with fresh mushrooms, baby spinach and freshly grated Parmesan cheese in this delicious Italian-inspired meal. Serve with a White Sancerre or an American Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to top
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions, drain well and place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, place the oil and the butter into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, and then stir in the mushrooms, onion, and prosciutto and sauté the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the pasta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and a few pinches of salt and pepper to the pan and continue to sauté the mixture for an additional 2 minutes.
- Divide the pasta between 2 plates and top with the mushroom mixture. Garnish with some Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.