- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This version of pesto is lighter and has less fat than the original Italian version, but still tastes delicious tossed with warm pasta.
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
- 2 slices whole-wheat country bread, crusts trimmed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces linguini
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shavings
- Cook the linguini al dente according to package directions, drain, cover and set aside.
- In the meantime, process the bread, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and the walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped, and then add the yogurt and oil continue to process until smooth.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the warm pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese shavings and serve immediately.