- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Simple meets delicious for dinner with Pasta with Chickpeas & Sun-dried Tomatoes. This easy meal is great for family and friends. Serve with a fresh salad and crunchy bread.
- 1, 12-ounce package of penne pasta
- 1, 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1-1/2 cups of prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the chickpeas and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add the marinara sauce and tomatoes and cook until well heated.
- Add the pasta to a large serving bowl, add the sauce, mix well to coat and grate the Parmesan cheese on top.