- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The flavors of the Mediterranean really shine in this simple yet elegant dish. Use the pasta of your choice, but note that penne work exceptionally well in this recipe.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 small red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, or 1 14-ounce can, rinsed
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and return to the pot.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and sauté for 4 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate.
- Put the other tablespoon of oil into the pan, add the peppers, shallots and garlic, and sauté the mixture for 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the chicken and set aside.
- Pour the broth and vinegar into the sauté pan and add the rosemary and olives. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the artichokes and the pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken mixture back into the pan and toss the pasta with a few pinches of salt, pepper and the pine nuts. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.