- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A simple and attractive pasta dinner dish that blends the buttery and nutty flavor of almonds with sweet tomatoes, fresh basil and sharp Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful basil leaves, about 1 cup packed
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound pasta, long or short
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain and then return to the cooking pot.
- In the meantime, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a small sauté pan and sauté the almonds for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- With the motor running, drop the garlic down the processor feed tube and finely chop. Add the almonds, basil, water, and 1/3 cup oil and process until the mixture is smooth. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and a few pinches of salt and pepper and pulse the mixture unitl combined.
- Place the remaining oil into a skillet over medium-high heat, add the tomatoes and toss to coat. Cook the tomatoes for 3 minutes and then stri in the pesto.