- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 6
Pasta with Cauliflower and Ricotta is a great one dish meal.
- 1 pound bucatini (short pasta tubes)
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Boil the cauliflower and drain, reserving the cooking water. Gently fry the cauliflower in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking water to the ricotta cheese to soften. Mash with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir into the cauliflower.
- Boil pasta in cooking water until al dente.
- In a greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish, arrange alternate layers of pasta and cauliflower mixture. Beat the eggs with the grated cheese and pour over top layer. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or until a golden crust forms.