- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A quick and simple pasta side dish.
- 2-1/2 cups small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, retaining approximately 1/2 cup of the water.
- Add the oil to a skillet and saute the onion. Mix in the basil, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the pasta and water into the basil mixture and stir until coated. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, just until it begins to melt. Serve promptly.