- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Hearty and reminiscent of real, home-style Italian cooking, enjoy this meatless soup with a bottle of Pinot Noir, Chianti or a White Zinfandel.
- 3 (14-1/2-ounce) cans beef or vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (11-1/2-ounce) can vegetable juice
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups loose-pack frozen Italian-blend mixed vegetables
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 1 cup uncooked shell pasta
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain well.
- In the meantime, place the broth, beans, stewed tomatoes, vegetable juice, tomato paste, sugar, and Italian seasoning into a large soup pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the frozen mixed vegetables and bring the mixture back to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and the spinach to the mixture and bring the soup back to a simmer. Ladle the Minestrone into bowls and serve garnished with a few sprinkles of Parmesan cheese.