- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8
This delicious pasta primavera recipe is created from the fresh bounty of the garden. The whole family will have seconds when you serve this meal!
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle in pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente; drain.
- Place sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown; set aside. Heat 1/4 cup oil in skillet. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until tender. Mix in zucchini, squash, tomatoes, bell pepper and basil. Dissolve bouillon in the mixture. Season with red pepper. Stir in remaining oil. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Mix pasta, sausage and cheese into skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until heated through.