- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
This light pasta recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for dinner on a chilly day.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/2 pound spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, beans and pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked (approximately 15 minutes).
- Add the spinach and salt, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.