- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You can also use fresh asparagus for this creamy pasta dish. Just make sure to steam or blanch it until crisp-tender prior to using.
Photo originally appeared on www.bhg.com
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cut asparagus
- 3 slices turkey bacon or bacon, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces packaged dried fusilli
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well and then return to the pot.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon and garlic in a small skillet until crisp and then drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon once cool enough to handle.
- Place the egg and the milk into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour the milk mixture into the pot with the hot pasta and then add the butter; toss well to coat over low heat for 6 minutes.
- Add the bacon, asparagus, pecorino and parsley to the pot and toss well to combine. Serve the pasta garnished with a few grinds of fresh pepper.