- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Cacio e Pepe, meaning ‘cheese and pepper’ in Italian, is a simple recipe that is popular in Rome and Sicily. Because this dish only requires a few key ingredients, they should be of the highest quality in order to achieve the best possible flavor.
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons coarsely freshly ground peppercorns
- Sea salt
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 2/3 cup of the pasta water, and then place the pasta back into the pot.
- Add the cheese, butter, fresh pepper and reserved water to the pot, along with a few pinches of sea salt. Toss the mixture well to combine and then serve immediately.