- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 8
Perfect summer combination, Pasta Asparagus Salad is a great marriage of vegetables and tender pasta.
- 1/2, 16 ounce package ziti macaroni
- olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup pitted small ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/8 oregano leaves
- Prepare ziti as package directs; drain. Place ziti in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, cook asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and garlic until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard garlic.
- From lemon, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. To ziti in bowl, add asparagus mixture, lemon peel, juice, olives and remaining ingredients; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.