- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use the frozen mixed vegetables of your choice for this classic pasta dish with clean and simple flavors. Serve with a bottle of white Pinot Grigio.
Photo originally appeared on bhg.com
- 1 cup packaged dried orecchiette pasta
- 1-1/2 cups loose-pack frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta in accordance with package directions, making sure to add the frozen vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In the meantime, place the butter into a sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the parsley, garlic, lemon peel, basil, and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and sauté for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Transfer the parsley mixture to the hot pasta, toss well to combine and then serve immediately.