- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
By the time the pasta is cooked, the vegetables and the cream sauce will be ready. A perfect weeknight dinner in a flash.
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces ( 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, drain and keep warm.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus, zucchini, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes, then transfer the vegetables to a bowl and keep warm.
- Pour the cream into the sauté pan and boil for 4 minutes over high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the pot with the pasta and then pour over the cream sauce. Add the tomato and toss the mixture until combined. Serve immediately.