- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The exotic flavor of passion fruit makes a wonderful base for this delicious curd. Top it on your favorite desserts or spread it onto muffins and toast in place of plain butter.
- 1/2 cup of passion fruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Put the passion fruit into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place the sugar and the eggs into a saucepan, whisk together to combine and then add the passion fruit puree and the lemon juice; whisk over medium-low heat.
- Slowly add in the chunks of butter, whisking vigorously after each addition to blend, and then bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the curd from the heat and cool slightly prior to using.