- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Passion Fruit Chiffon Pie is a decadent and elegant dessert.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup passion fruit puree, defrosted
- 1, 9 inch baked pie shell
- 4 eggs, separated
- whipped cream for garnish
- Mix gelatin, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in top of double boiler. Beat egg yolks and passion fruit puree together. Add to gelatin mixture. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Chill, stirring constantly until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; then beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Fold gelatin mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites. Turn into baked pie shell and chill until firm. Garnish with whipped cream.