- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 12 hr 27 min
- Serving: 30
A great make-ahead appetizer, these tasty cream cheese and mushroom sandwiches can be frozen before toasting.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 30 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Butter, melted
- Blend all ingredients except bread and butter in bowl. Spread one tablespoon of the mixture on each bread slice. Roll as for a jelly roll. Secure with three toothpicks. Cut into thirds and hill overnight.
- When ready to serve, brush the chilled sandwiches with butter. Toast at 450 degrees F for ten to 12 minutes or until golden brown.