- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use fresh Italian parsley, toasted walnuts and good-quality extra-virgin olive oil for this robust pesto recipe.
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 large garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1 -1/2 cups flat leaf Italian parsley, packed
- 1 -1/2 basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the walnuts, garlic, zest, lemon juice, red pepper flake, parsley, basil, cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped.
- With the processor’s motor running, slowly pour the oil down the chute and continue to process until well blended. Serve immediately.