- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Parsley isn’t just used as a garnish. Enjoy its fresh and earthy taste in this salad made with salty pancetta and freshly squeezed lemon.
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 6 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leavesv
- 2 lemons, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more to taste
- 1/4 red onion, thinly shaved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pancetta into a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and cook for 12 minutes until crisp.
- In the meantime, divide the parsley between 4 salad plates and then top with the lemon segments, Parmesan and red onion. Sprinkle the salad with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then add the pancetta cubes.
- Drizzle each serving with the rendered fat from the pancetta and then serve immediately.