- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 2-4
Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with chopped red pepper and seasoned with thyme.
- 6 to 8 large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 slices soft bread, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, ground turmeric and white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 6 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove stems from mushrooms; gently hollow out mushroom caps with spoon. Chop stems. Saute mushroom stems, onions and pepper in butter in a skillet. Add diced bread and seasonings; stir well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with bread mixture. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese on each stuffed mushroom. Place on buttered pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.