- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve creamy spoonfuls of this Parmesan Risotto as a side to roasted meat and poultry. Substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth to get a vegetarian-friendly dish.
- 1 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups hot vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and freshly ground peppers
- Place the olive oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until soft.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well to coat with the oil mixture and then slowly pour in the wine and cook until completely evaporated. Stir in the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, waiting for the liquid to completely absorb after each addition.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the butter, parmesan and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and then serve hot.