- Prep: 50 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
Serve Parmesan Cheese Twists with your favorite soup or as an appetizer.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Mix egg and water. Mix cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14 by 10 inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush both halves with egg mixture. Top 1 rectangle with cheese mixture. Place remaining rectangle over cheese topped rectangle, egg side down. Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 28--1/2 inch strips. Twist strips and place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet, pressing down ends. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees Farenheit for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.