- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This simple and elegant omelet, made with Parmesan cheese and asparagus, should be served with a glass of Chardonnay and a few thick slices of rustic, peasant bread.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 10 ounces asparagus, blanched
- 1 teaspoon butter, to fry
- Place the eggs and the water into a bowl and whisk together until the mixture is frothy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk again to blend and then set aside.
- Put the butter into a frying pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the egg mixture and cook for 3-1/2 minutes until the egg has just set. Sprinkle the egg with the cheese and then add the asparagus. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and then fold the omelet in half; cook for an additional 1 minute before transferring to a plate. Serve immediately.