- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 12 popovers
A tasty side to many types of meals, Parmesan & Herb Popovers are a nice switch when you want to serve something besides bread.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat milk at room temperature
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place oven rack to next-to-lowest position. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Place a 12-cup muffin tin onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt and pepper. In a separate, medium-sized bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and butter. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin cups, filling cups about two-thirds the way full. Place muffin tin (on top of the baking sheet) in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F. and bake another 20-25 minutes (or until popovers are puffy and browned). Serve warm.