- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4
This papaya salsa is a refreshing topping for pork, beef, chicken and fish.
- 1 small papaya chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fres basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 pounds of fresh halibut cut into 4 pieces
- In a small bowl stir together the papaya, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, basil, vinegar, chili powder and pepper sauce.
- Broil halibut in baking dish for 6 minutes, turn and broil for another 6 minutes.
- Remove halibut and spoon salsa on top before serving.