- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Delicate scallops are coated with Cajun spices and then tossed in a spinach salad along with crisp pieces of bacon.
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 10-ounce package prewashed spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the flour and the Cajun seasoning into a large plastic bag and then add the scallops. Flip the bag over many times to thoroughly coat the scallops with the seasonings.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. Cook the scallops for 6 minutes, turning once, and then remove from the pan.
- Place the spinach into the pan and cook until wilted; about 2 minutes. Pour in the vinegar and toss to coat.
- Transfer the scallops back to the pan, sprinkle with the bacon and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.