- Prep: 2 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
If you are bored with all the common proteins like chicken, pork and beef, then try these pan-seared duck breasts cooked to rare or medium-rare doneness.
- 6 boneless, skinless duck breast halves
- 3 tablespoons fruit-flavored vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 teaspoon ground allspice
- Extra olive oil
- Place the vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, shallots, garlic, oregano, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and allspice into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the duck breasts to the bowl and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 to up to 12 hours to marinate.
- Remove the duck breasts from the marinade, pat dry and then brush both sides with some olive oil.
- Put some olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Once oil begins to shimmer, add the duck breasts and cook each side for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.