- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
It may surprise you that curry is one of the spices used in this dessert recipe. In fact, it adds virtually no taste to this apple dish but rather some warm spicy undertones.
- 8 Granny Smith apples, cut each into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups lightly toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the apples into a bowl, sprinkle with the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Put the curry powder and butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook, stirring vigorously, for 35 seconds.
- Stir in the syrup, salt, pepper, apples and vinegar and cook the mixture for 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecans onto the mixture, mix until combined and then serve immediately.