- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
Classic Paella Italian Style mixes in a bit of Italian spices with the traditional Spanish flavors.
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1, 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1, 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1, 9 ounce package Italian green beans
- 1, 4 ounce jar pimento, chopped fine
- Parboil sausages in water to cover, 10 minutes; drain, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet. Brown chicken pieces a few at a time; remove as they brown.
- Saute onion and garlic in same skillet until tender, about 5 minutes. Add rice, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, oregano, salt, pepper and saffron. Bring to boiling. Pour mixture in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and place chicken pieces on top; cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Add shrimp and sausages to the mixture. Cover; bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken, rice and seafood are done.
- Cook green beans according to package directions; drain. Fluff up rice mixture; stir in pimento; garnish with green beans around edges of pan.