- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8 servings
These elegant and delicious appetizers are ideal for a posh evening cocktail party. Serve with glasses of ice chilled vodka.
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 48 oysters in shells, well chilled and cleaned
- Place the shallots, vinegar, and pepper into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Cover the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Just prior to serving, slowly add the champ age and gently stir to combine.
- Open the oysters and place on a serving platter. Serve immediately with the mignonette sauce.