- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6-8
Right from the bayou! Oysters Louisiana is a great dish to serve your guests this holiday season.
- 48 oysters, about 2 pints
- 1/4 pound butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of cayenne
- salt to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Drain oysters, dry on paper towels.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add celery and garlic. Cook gently until tender. Add flour, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and mushrooms. Add cayenne and salt to taste.
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook oysters until edges curl. Add to sauce mixture. Place in casserole and cover with buttered crumbs and brown in 325 degree F oven for 10 minutes.